It's been an amazing year since our launch on October 20, 2009 as a new grassroots movement of people, stories, and actions to alleviate extreme global poverty.
And to celebrate our first anniversary, we hosted the Inaugural One Day's Wages Gala on Friday, November 5. While we were unsure how the event would turn out, we were amazed by the response.
Here are some highlights:
- The event sold out! Over 370+ people joined us for this celebration and we had to turn away nearly 100 more people. We'll be sure to find a larger venue next year!
- Our guests included Naomi, a 4-old-girl, who donated her birthday for a cause, several partner organizations, and guests who transported in from New York, Oregon, Washington DC, Georgia, California, Texas, and even Canada.
- We shared numerous beautiful and compelling stories including the story of some high school students who partnered with ODW to raise $10,000 for our Haiti Relief Fund and a mother of three children (all under 5 years old) who just ran her first marathon to support ODW.
Your amazing generosity!
- Thanks again to our sponsors. Because of their sponsorship, all our event costs were covered ensuring that all ticket sales would go towards future projects to empower those living in extreme poverty.
- Through various donations, we raised $43,330.96 and received campaign pledges of $45,205. In total, we received donations and pledges totaling $88,535.96. We had some people start campaigns for a cause immediately after the event!
We are so thankful.
The contributions are important and they'll be used to further the movement of ODW but more importantly, we are grateful for your support, trust, and encouragement. This is very important to us because…
we are not a movement of money but rather a movement of people, stories, and actions.
One Day's Wages is you, me, us, and them…all working together for a more compassionate and just world.
We can't possibly list all the names but you know who you are. Thank you…
Humbled and Grateful,
Eugene & Minhee Cho | ODW Founders
Pictures from the Gala:
Many thanks to Brighten Photography for these beautiful pictures. Also, check out the great photos from the Gala Photo Booth. Prints from the Photo Booth are able for order and ALL proceeds go to support ODW!