It's very early here in the ODW office. No one's here so it's a good time of reflection.
We moved into this small dinky office a little over 7 months ago before the official launch of ODW on October 20, 2009. [The picture above is the first week we moved in!]
We have one paid staff (Kate), numerous volunteer staff, a boatload of interns, our Global Street Team, our respective boards, and we have our Vision & Passion.
And most importantly, we have YOU and others that believe in the story of ODW and our vision that we can work together to end exteme global poverty in our lifetime.
There's so much work to do. And being a new start-up non-profit (especially in the current economic climate) is incredibly challenging but we believe we can, are, and will continue to make an impact in the fight against extreme global poverty as we collaborate with you, organizations, artists, companies, and anyone else that believes they can make an impact.
As we mark 7 months, here are some exciting updates:
- We surpassed $300K in donations this past week! All of this (minus credit cards costs) will go towards projects and partnerships.
- In the upcoming week, we'll be announcing a NEW partnership and announcing two grants.
- We released news that we're dropping our first ODW compilation album featuring 21 artists and 21 songs. The album will be download-able from our website near the end of June. This will be an epic album.
- Our causes initiatives are up and running. You can create your own personal campaign by donating one day of work, your birthday, starting a group campaign, or contributing your ideas. For inspiration, check out Mia's Birthday for a Cause. She turned 6 and gave up her gifts and party to support ODW. Wow.
- We released our official iPhone app.
- Our founder, Eugene Cho, was one of the featured speakers at the TEDx Seattle conference. Watch his presentation about Social Technology, Being Over-Rated, & the Story of One Day's Wages or click the image below.