One Day’s Wages is a movement of people, stories and actions to alleviate extreme global poverty. Through our grant making, we uplift the work of global grassroots organizations implementing projects across 12 issues: children’s education, climate action, emergency relief, gender-based violence, girls’ empowerment, global hunger, human trafficking, jobs and skills, maternal and child health, preventable diseases, water and sanitation, and refugee relief. We prioritize supporting projects in countries ranked low or medium according to the United Nations Human Development Index.
ODW is looking for dedicated Grant Analyst Interns to help us achieve our goals. ODW interns gain a unique opportunity to learn about critical global issues and innovative responses to extreme poverty, while researching and vetting potential partners around the world. Internships are unpaid, but a recommendation letter can be provided in support of course credit. Before applying, please carefully read ODW’s Founder’s Story, approach to grant-making, and past projects.
- Research potential partners that align with ODW’s mission, values and focus areas.
- Review and provide feedback on grant applications.
- Own the grant vetting process for assigned applicants through completion.
- Communicate via email with grant applicants when in need of additional information.
- Write clear and compelling grant recommendations for ODW’s Board of Directors.
- Support the ODW Grants Director with grants research and analysis.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly Grant Analyst team meetings.
- Strong research skills.
- Experience and/or educational background in International Development.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines.
- Interest in social justice and issues surrounding global poverty.
- Brings a spirit of initiative, enthusiasm, and sense of humor to the team!
Details and How to Apply
- Supervisor: Grants Director
- Commitment: Six Months (July – December 2023); 5-7 hours/week
- Location: Virtual (interns may also work from ODW’s office space in Seattle, WA)
Please send your resume and a cover letter by June 15, 2023 to Daphne Fowler, ODW Grants Director, at email@example.com. Your cover letter should include responses to the following:
- Why do you want to intern as a Grant Analyst with One Day’s Wages?
- How does your previous experience/education qualify you for this internship?
- Name and contact information for at least one personal or professional reference
One Day's Wages is a grassroots movement of people, stories, and actions to alleviate extreme global poverty
P.O. BOX 17575 Seattle, WA 98127 | Contact us