We are looking for a social media enthusiast–someone with demonstrated knowledge of and experience with multiple social media platforms– and a passionate, creative wordsmith interested in writing about global issues and telling the story of One Day’s Wages. The Social Media Coordinator will assist the Communications Manager in implementing ODW’s initiatives and campaigns via social media, and other platforms as needed.
- Create thoughtful, creative, and engaging social media content for ODW’s social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
- Complete all assigned content and postings in a timely manner
- Assess data about content performance to help increase engagement
- Report to the team about trends, changes, and developments in social media
- Utilize the online calendar and scheduling tools to keep track of assigned content and due dates
- Excellent storytelling skills
- Ability to turn data, reports, stories, and events into thoughtful, creative, and engaging social media content
- Keen sense of social media trends, while also staying true to ODW’s mission, vision, and brand
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Interest in learning about how a small but globally-focused nonprofit functions
- The ability to work both independently and in a team setting
Details and How to Apply:
- Supervisor: Communications Manager
- Duration: Six Months; 8-10 hrs/wk, flexible
- Type: Internship (part-time/temporary)
- Location: Remote, some in-office time in Seattle, WA if possible
- Compensation: Unpaid; A letter of recommendation can be provided in support of course credit.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Michelle Stibbs at email@example.com.
Cover letter should include the following info:
- Why do you want to intern at One Day’s Wages?
- How does your previous experience/education qualify you for this position?
- What are you hoping to learn or how are you hoping to grow from this experience?