PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR
The Public Relations Coordinator will work with the Deputy Director and Development Director on projects related to public relations and marketing. The PR Coordinator will work to enhance our media presence and ability to reach more people with the story of ODW. This would include developing and implementing a contact strategy targeting various media outlets and our general community by crafting and sharing our story in a way that connects and inspires.
- Assist in press release development and distribution
- Develop and maintain website press content
- Assist in the development and implementation of a contact strategy
- Develop and maintain media contact database
- Assist in the writing of blogs
- Actively pursue new media outlets to share our story with
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Understanding of organizational branding
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with or interest in non-profit organizations
- Experience in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, and/or Communications
Details and How to Apply
- Supervisor: Operations Director
- Duration: Six Months; Flexible
- Type: Part-time, temporary
- Location: Seattle, WA, or remote
- Unpaid; A letter of recommendation can be provided in support of course credit.
Before you apply, be sure to read our Founders’ Story and review some of our past projects to make sure you share our values in the fight against extreme poverty.
One Day's Wages is a grassroots movement of people, stories, and actions to alleviate extreme global poverty
P.O. BOX 17575 Seattle, WA 98127 | Contact us