PARTNERSHIP PROSPECTING VOLUNTEER
One Day’s Wages (ODW) is looking for a passionate and driven person to join our grassroots organization as a Partnership Prospecting volunteer. As a movement of people, stories, and actions to alleviate extreme global poverty, this role plays a crucial role in ensuring that ODW invests in partnerships around the world that align with our organization’s mission and core values. We are looking for someone to assist in recommending potential partner organizations.
- Research and identify potential grantees/partner organizations working in our 12 areas of focus
- Update and maintain lead research spreadsheet
- Pitch potential partnership opportunities in a weekly meeting with the Grant Manager
- Actively in an undergraduate or graduate program in the field of International Development and/or fields related to our 12 areas of focus
- Understanding of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Able to produce concise written work and executive summaries
- Independently motivated with excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly inquisitive
- Embodies and aligns with our organization’s core values
- Interested in social justice, non-profit organizations, and issues surrounding global poverty
- Great people skills, initiative, and enthusiasm
- Supervisor: Grant Manager
- Duration: 6 months (1-3 hours per week)
- Type: Volunteer
- Location: Remote, some meetings at our office location in Ballard, Seattle, WA if possible (but not required).
- Compensation: Unpaid, a letter of recommendation can be provided in support of course credit
- ODW merch
- Can offer an endorsement on Linkedin
To submit an application, please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should include the following info:
- Why do you want to work at One Day’s Wages?
- How does your previous experience and/or education qualify you for this position?