Thank you so much.
2010 – our first full year – was an incredible year. Because of your generosity and support, we've awarded five grants and fully funded three partner projects. Amazingly, you've helped raise over $100,000 for the Haiti Relief Fund and over $30,000 for the Pakistan Relief Fund. In total, we've raised over $530,000 since our launch only 15 months ago.
A movement of People, Stories, and Actions…
While we're amazed and humbled by the funds we've raised, we're constantly reminded that it's not just about the money. It's about you, me, us, and them – all working together for a more compassionate and just world.
The story of ODW is also about the movement of generosity. Our supporters came from various passions, countries, and shapes:
- Many individuals – from around the world – gave their one day's wages.
- Numerous donated their birthday including this 4 year old girl and Amy from Australia.
- Kids sold baked goods and lemonade.
- Schools partnered with ODW including Lakeland High School in Idaho, USA.
- Churches partnered including Salem Covenant Church in Connecticut.
- Several people ran for ODW including Esther who ran her first marathon. Someone even biked for ODW.
- Even breakdancers came together for a competition to raise support for ODW.
- 21 artists donated a song and we launched our first album.
- We hosted our Inaugural Gala – and it was completely sold out.
- We formed numerous partnerships including one with…ONE.
- Numerous companies sponsored and/or partnered including this company in Florida.
- And the list goes on and on…
Thank You for Helping Spread the Movement
How does a 1 year-old organization with an advertising budget around $500 grow a movement? It's simple: We partner with you.
If you've ever tweeted, shared our stories and projects on Facebook, emailed a friend, hosted a party, launched a birthday campaign, wrote a blog entry, and the numerous other ways that people have helped…THANK YOU.
End of Year Giving
Several have asked for information about End-of-Year Giving. There are two simple ways you can give:
To give online, click here. To mail your gift (2010 tax year gifts must be postmarked by Dec. 31), send your donations to the address on the right column of this page.
We're Just Getting Started!
Even as we send out this newsletter, we're finalizing our 6th grant and ready to share about another fully funded partner project. And the inspiring stories of generosity keep coming in.
Remember, we don't have to be rock stars, billionaires, or famous to make a difference. Generosity doesn't start when we have a lot, it begins the moment we start breathing. This will change the world.