- Contact Us
In Search of New "Partner Organizations"
We're looking for new partnership and we need your suggestions.
As you know, we recently announced the full funding of a project with charity: water. We're so excited to share that we've already fully funded partnership projects with four organizations: Not For Sale, Partners in Health, World Concern, and charity: water.
We are looking to add 1-2 new partner organizations in the coming weeks to begin a partnership and highlighting on our website and fundraising for through the ODW community. Partnership projects can range (currently) anywhere between $10,000-$25,000 US.
How does this work?
When people join our movement and donate through ODW, they can either give to our general "Giving Fund" which allows our Board of Directors to award grants to small NGOs and CBOs, award "matching grants, or people can actually choose which project (and organization) they want to support through our "partners."
That's where you come in!
Please share your suggestions of "partner organizations" we should consider. Please note that while our grants are directed towards small NGOs and CBOs (around $100K US budget), we're looking for various projects through several partners that are larger and more established (with operating budget up to around $1million).
Once we finish a project with a partner organization, we look for new partners. Our most recent partner organization - NURU International - was selected (and vetted) out of your suggestions.
Here are some other criteria to consider as you make your suggestions:
- The organization's work must align with one or more of the Millenium Development Goals.
- The organization must be a registered 501c3 non-profit organization or registered in their respective countries.
- The organization must be widely respected for their transparency and efficiency as an organization.
- The organization must be interested in a mutual partnership and collaboration for the common goal of alleviating extreme poverty.
- The organization should be active in social media platforms (website, facebook, twitter, etc).
- The organization should be working to keep their administrative costs low, thereby directing a high % of their funding directly to projects around the world, in areas of extreme global poverty. Funds raised through ODW must go directly to an agreed upon project.
- The are able to demonstrate a model of sustainability and empowerment.
What are your recommendation?
Are there any organizations that you know, respect, and love?
Write your suggestions in the comments and let us know why we should consider them.
As usual, any potential partner organizations will go through our thorough vetting and analysis process before they can be considered for an official partnership.
Lastly, while we love our collaboration with these established "partners," our heart is really focused on small grassroots NGOs and CBOs. Take a minute to read why.
Photo Credit: from World Concern (one of our partners). Photo taken by Derek Sciba of WC in Chad, Africa.
Ways to Donate
Use this page to select an organization and donate online using your credit card.
Checks should be made payable to: One Day's Wages. Please write "Giving Fund" or the specific project/fund you are giving towards.
Wire donations, stock transfers, or estate planning. For more info, contact email@example.com.
Mailing address:One Day's Wages
P.O. Box 19535
Seattle, WA 98109
ODW is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible. 100% of your donations (minus credit card transaction costs) go directly to specific projects to alleviate global poverty.